Message from the owner(s)
!!! This project is not supported any more !!!
Due to the participants' activity and to .NET (too) rapid changes, we don't have enough time to maintain aspectdng.
Thanks for having used aspectdng.
AspectDNG's goal is to provide .NET developers with a simple yet powerful AOP-GAOP implementation. Our inspiration comes from Java tools such as AspectJ and Spoon, and we definitely would like to approach their level of maturity.
Here is what we would like AspectDNG to achieve :
- Weave on any .NET assembly (.NET 1.1 and 2.0)
- Integrate in simple projects (single assembly) or complex ones (multiple and separated target and aspect assemblies)
- Simplify AOP programming
- Propose a short set of features (keep simple) but sufficient to match developer needs
- AspectDNG is implemented in C#
- It relies on Cecil (a CIL manipulation library) to disassemble and reassemble both aspects and target assemblies
- We propose two joinpoint languages (to tell AspectDNG where to weave): XPath and RegularExpressions
AspectDNG is in the Public Domain (since version 1.0.0).